Sunday, April 24, 2011

Edible Grass - NOT Mom Approved!

Happy Easter! to start with let me give you some background, i have an 1 & 1/2 yr old so i didnt want to put plastic grass in her basket, and have to fight with her about eating it! plus that grass is a real mess! i was going to skip it all together but after finding this for $1.00 at my local Wal-mart, i decided hey this way she can eat it if she wants.... boy do i regret that thinking!

PRO'S:
  • taste...meh its not bad we had the green apple with bunny confetti , it wasnt bad but it wasn't the best! tasted more like that edible paper they have out every now and then.
  • it wasn't gum! so even kids with braces, or smaller kids can enjoy it, {if by some chance they like it ?}
  • cheap!
  • one bag could really do 2 baskets.
CON'S:
  • its 50 times harder to clean up, the heat of the vacuum melts it.... NOT GOOD!
  • it doesn't have a Great flavor so you can't talk the kids into "cleaning" it up haha
  • it sticks to anything warm!!!!, even slightly warm pets, floors feet clothes you name it!
  • once it got im my daughter long hair, it was all over she was mad it was stuck and i was one UNHAPPY MOMMA!
So it does have its goo points and its not so good point, if you kid likes the edible paper then i say give this a shot, would definitely be better for an older child but if you have a younger one im still in favor of skipping the grass!

4 comments:

Hanna said...

Bwahahah! I saw these at Target couple of weeks ago and was so tempted to try but now I'm glad I didn't!


This is zerofantasies from swap-bot for Follow My Blogger Blog! #2

Unknown said...

How interesting! I have never seen anything like this. That Easter grass is such a mess though, and the kids don't even really care about that part! I am looking forward to reading more of your blog. I am from the swap-bot swap Follow My Blogger Blog # 2, and my username is Annabell123. :)

LeX said...

i saw this at the store and cringed. just seems a bad idea.

neverwashis on swapbot btw

Jessica said...

My almost 2 year old still puts everything in his mouth so I can understand your interest in this grass.
~J3ss1ca (Swap-Bot & My Scrappy Corner)

Labels

APPROVED (1) BZZAGENT (1) Easter (1) NOT APPROVED (1) candy (1) covergirl (1) edible grass (1) food (1) kids (1) make up (1) make-up (1)